Have you run out of shows/movies to binge-watch? Are you tired of watching shows of your same old genres? Do you want to explore a new language/culture and do so while being thoroughly entertained?
Well, if the answer to any or all of the above questions is yes, then you, my friend, are in luck for today I will be introducing you to the utterly delightful world of K-dramas!! Yes, K-dramas. K-dramas a.k.a. Korean dramas are the new hype of the entertainment industry (okay okay…..not new really but well, it’s here to stay.).
Every other person is completely enchanted by K-pop and K-dramas nowadays. You’d be lying if you say that you don’t have a friend who keeps pestering you to start binge-watching K-dramas. You do have one, right? (If not consider me it :p). So, what are you waiting for? Give in already!
To help you on your journey, I have listed a few of my favorites below-
- BOYS OVER FLOWERS– Jan-di is a poor dry-cleaner’s daughter who stumbles upon the opportunity to attend the most prestigious school in the country on a scholarship. Soon she finds herself caught in a love triangle with 2 of the most desired boys of the school. The story wraps a series of comic as well as tragic scenes as she explores her feelings for both while simultaneously avoiding scandals and bridging the gap between her world and theirs.
With an IMDb rating of 8 and a Viki rating of 9.4, this is one of the best and most popular K-dramas of all time!
2. THE HEIRS– This show encases the struggles that are faced by the heirs of huge conglomerates in their seemingly smooth lives. The story revolves around Kim Tan, the son of Korea’s biggest tycoon. Tan meets Eun Sang in America under a tough circumstance and falls in love with her as he helps her through it.
Soon, they fatefully run into each other in Korea and get involved in each other’s lives. With a scorned (and insanely handsome)best friend, major family issues, and a bitchy fiance- Tan and Eun Sang have a lot to face before their happily ever after!
3. THE LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA– A mermaid of Joseon Era meets her long lost love in the 21st Century and decides to pursue him on land but it won’t be as easy as she thought in this world full of betrayal, scheming and dangers.
After the first few seemingly slow episodes, the story blooms into a hearty and warming tale of love, friendship, and family. With Jun Ji-Hyun’s hilarious quirks and Lee Min-Ho’s irresistible charm, this one is a must-watch!
4. STRONG GIRL BONG-SOON– Do Bong-Soon, A girl born with superhuman strength, is employed by Ahn Min-Hyuk, a young CEO, to be his bodyguard when he receives threat calls. Soon, their peaceful lives are disturbed when a psychopath criminal kidnaps her best friend and Bong-Soon determines to catch him. With Min-Hyuk as her coach and aid, she learns how to control her powers and use them for the greater good. In a series of comical events, they solve the mystery and fall in love.
5. WHAT’S WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM– Lee Young-Joon is a young, narcissistic CEO who insists on perfection in everything.
When Lee Young-Joon’s highly capable secretary Kim Mi-so resigns from her job suddenly after being by him for 9 years, he finds himself in a fix and is willing to go great lengths to avoid the same. Soon, he realizes that he’s in love with her and that they share a painful past which he can not own up to for certain reasons. Trouble ensues when his brother, who he hates, tries to win Mi-So over by claiming that it is he who shares a past with Mi-So.
So this wraps up my list for now. These are some of the most delightful dramas I have watched till date, I hope you enjoy them. I would soon hit you up with more dramas and other favorites of mine. Till then, take care, stay safe, and do tell me which one’s your favorite. ❤